Master Gardener Program
Interested in joining our Master Gardener Program? Click below to learn more about our program AND to access the application form.
- CLICK HERE to learn more about becoming a Putnam County Master Gardener volunteer.
- To see a TENTATIVE 2017 Putnam County Master Gardener Training Schedule starting in AUGUST 2017 CLICK HERE
Master Gardener Mission Statement
The Master Gardeners of Putnam County are University of Florida trained volunteer teachers. Master Gardeners help the County Horticulture Agent educate and inform our community about effective, environmentally sound, research-based information about gardening and landscape maintenance and design.
Yearly Events -
"Gifts from the Garden"
Gifts from the Garden is an annual event sponsored by the Putnam County Master Gardeners in December. Participants are taught to make a minimum of four (4) crafts that they may take with them, with instructions on how to make them at home. In the past, crafts such as herbal vinegars, wreaths, bath salts, tree ornaments, dish gardens, etc., have been made. A holiday brunch is also served with recipes included.
There is a limited number of people that can register for this event. A pre-registration registration is usually required some time close to the end of November, so call the Extension Office for more information. The Putnam County Master Gardeners charge a minimal fee for this event, however a brunch is included. Check the Putnam County Extension Calendar for deadline dates and events.
"Annual Plant Sales"
Putnam County Master Gardeners hold an annual plant sale each year on a Saturday in April and again in October. Plants are started by Master Gardeners either by seed or cuttings and are state inspected prior to the event. All types of plants are at sold at a very reasonable price. Master Gardeners are on hand to give advice and to offer their knowledge and experience. The Master Gardeners also have a lovely craft corner planned with items that will fit nicely in your garden or landscape. CHECK THE CALENDAR for dates in April and October.
Putnam County Master Gardener Officers
|Vice President||Cheryl L. Owenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|At-Large Member||Steve Sincoxemail@example.com|
|New Member Representative||Neal Woottenfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Master Gardener Forms
- Workshop Request Form
- Polices Regarding Florida Master Gardeners - re certification form
- Return to Exploring - What we have to offer
Master Gardener Newsletter
- Florida Master Gardener Program Information
- Florida Friendly Yards
- 4-H Gardening
- Butterfly Gardening
- Converting Yard Wastes Into Landscape Assets
- Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Program
- Garden Pests and Diseases
- Gardening in a Minute
- Home Citrus Culture
- Home Lawns
- Home Landscapes
- Hydroponic Gardening
- Landscaping for Wildlife
- Master Gardener Program
- Nursery List for Deciduous Fruit Trees
- Organic Gardening
- Pest Management for Home, Lawn, Landscape and Garden
- Producing Peanuts for Home Use
- Residential Sprinkler Systems
- Starting a Community Garden
- Vegetable Gardening
- Water Gardens